ChildRen's Parade Entry Form
ALEXANDRIA MARDI GRAS ASSOCIATION CHILDREN’S PARADE
It is time to start preparing for the 25th Annual Alexandria Children’s Mardi Gras Parade! This year’s parade is scheduled to roll at 10:00 AM on Saturday, February 26, 2022. Parade staging will take place downtown – under I-49 near Tenth and Murray Streets.
- Participants on the parade entries shall be a minimum age of five (5) and a maximum age of eighteen (18). This minimum age limit is for safety reasons.
- You are required to have a minimum of one (1) adult for every five (5) children. We recommend that you also have at least 4 spotters to walk beside your entry. Spotters may not throw to the crowd and must perform their designated function of keeping the crowd back from the floats. PLEASE REFER TO ATTACHED SPOTTER INSTRUCTION SHEET.
- Attached you will find a DRIVER INSTRUCTION SHEET – Please be sure to give it to your float driver.
- No “driver only” vehicles will be permitted in the Children’s parade, except for specialty “floats” such as the Alexandria Aces Airplane, etc. The purpose of this is to prohibit individuals from entering themselves, for whatever purpose, and trying to drive the route while throwing to the crowds and distracting their attention from the path in front of them as they drive. This would obviously be a hazard to everyone and we do not want that!
- Entrants in the parade this year will be limited to 70 entries and may include floats (consisting of long-bed pickup, flatbed trailers, or professional floats), marching units, bands, cars, trucks, etc.
- An entry form and fee of $100.00 payable to the Alexandria Mardi Gras Association is required for each organization. Entry fee is non-refundable.
- All entries must be decorated for Mardi Gras and have a Mardi Gras theme.
- You are required to purchase your own throws, which include beads, cups, doubloons, toys, candy, etc.
- We will be assembling large floats at 7:00 AM and all other parade units at 8:00 AM. All entries must be in their assigned location no later than 9:30 AM.
The Children’s Parade has become such a wonderful family event and we want to continue this safe and fun family tradition. We hope you are as excited as we are about being a part of this enlivening event.
If you have any questions or need any clarification of the above, please feel free to call.
Jenna Bonner – 542-9084
Chris Chelette – 623-7359